We’ve pulled together some general information related to the basics of energy management.
- Air handling units – This presentation explains the behind-the-scenes of the heating and cooling systems in your classrooms and ways we are working to reduce the amount of electricity used.
- Electricity 101 – This presentation explains the components and properties behind electrical power, featuring information and explanations from the distribution to types, and even how you can reduce.
- Lighting – This presentation describes the types of lighting and their uses around campus.
- Solar Renewable Project – This project renews VCU’s commitment to address global warming by working to neutralize greenhouse gas emissions on campus.
- Steam systems – This presentation explains steam and its uses at VCU.
- Thermodynamics – This presentation defines thermodynamics and how it is applied to heating and cooling large buildings.